1. In creating my sculptures I used many different tools including aviation snips, grout, rib tools and many more. These helped me with my work by making it easier to achieve my vision. The function of aviation snips are to cut wires or thick materials. They really helped me when I made my jellyfish lamp and my crown because it made it a lot easier to cut the items.
2. Since the beginning of the semester my knowledge on tools has expanded because I did not know about aviation snip or grout and now i know about both and how to use them.These tools really helped with my sculptures by saving me time and making them look better. The grout added a lot to my mosaics. The aviation snips helped me cut wires and bend them for many of my sculptures throughout the year. ( The aviation snips were packed up in a box so I could not take a picture so I borrowed one from google images.)
1. My favorite material I used this year was grout. I liked using grout because it was messy and a new experience for me. I like working with it because it was really satisfying to wipe off of my mosaic pieces and to watch it go from wet and gooey to hard and firm. It also added more of a background to my mosaic pieces and made the broken glass and marbles pop more.
2. My most successful project was my under glaze project. I thought this one was the most successful because I really liked the way it turned out and I think that the design looked good. The inspiration for this project came from a small bowl I made last semester with a moon and sun and stars on it. I wanted to continue this theme so I did my astrological symbol and some stars on it.
3. My least favorite object to work with is clay. I do not like working with clay because it gets everywhere and you have to use it at the perfect wetness or dryness or else it cracks or does not hold its shape. I dealt with it by trying to make sure it was the perfect consistency and wetting it if I thought it was getting too dry. Although working with clay was not my favorite I did learn a lot of new "tricks" to help with making sure my clay was the correct consistency.
This week we made posters with words that describe the feeling and filled the bodies with colors and got everything ready for the art show.
This week we continued working on the tape bodies and making sure the poses were right
This week we saran wrapped peoples arms and then put tape over it and started to make the tape bodies
This week I helped buy supplies for the tape body sculptures and we started on the bodies
This week I measured the head and glued the puzzle pieces together to form a crown.
This week I sketched out my plan and bought the puzzle pieces to make the crown.